Dr. Md. Abdul MatinAssociate Professor
Department of Glass and Ceramic Engineering
Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology
Phone No: 6048
Dr. Md. Abdul Matin obtained his PhD in Materials Science from the department of Mechanical Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology in 2005. He worked as postdoctoral associate in the reliability and modeling group at IMEC from 2006 to 2007. He then worked as a research fellow in intelligent sensing system research center at Toyohashi University of Technology, Japan from 2007 to 2012. He joined the department of Glass and Ceramic Engineering as an assistant professor in 2012 and was promoted to Associate Professor in 2017.
His research interests include functional thin film materials, photonic glasses, magnetophotonic crystals, multi-scale multi-physics simulations.Education:
Ph.D., Materials Technology Institute, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology (Tu/E), the Netherlands, 2005.
M. Engineering, Materials Science Division, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, National University of Singapore (NUS), 2002.
M.Sc. Engineering, Department of Materials and Metallurgical Engineering (MME), BUET, 1998.
B.Sc. Engineering, Department of Metallurgical Engineering (MetE), BUET, 1995.
GCE 6202: Glass Science And Technology I
GCE 6203: Glass Science And Technology II
GCE 6204: Glass Furnace And Fuel Technology
GCE 6103: Advanced Characterization Of Glass And Ceramics
GCE 6502: Ceramic Sensors And Actuators
- M. A. Matin, K. Oishi, A. Katsuta, D. Akai, K. Sawada, and M. Ishida , "Aspects of integrating functional electroceramic material in multilayer thin films for image sensing: experiment and modeling", Journal of Electronic Materials (Springer), July 2015, Vol. 44, Issue 7, pp. 2544-2553
- M. A. Matin, K. Ozaki, D. Akai, K. Sawada, and M. Ishida, "Correlation between residual stresses and bending in functional electroceramic-based MEMS actuator", Computational Materials Science (Elsevier), Vol. 85, 2014, pp: 253-258.
- Katsuya Ozaki, Abdul Matin, Yasuyuki Numata, Daisuke Akai, Kazuaki Sawada, and Makoto Ishida, "Fabrication and characterization of a smart epitaxial piezoelectric micromachined ultrasonic transducer", Materials Science and Engineering: B (Elsevier), Vol. 190, 2014, pp: 41- 46.
- R. Mahbub, T. Fakhrul, M. F. Islam, M. Hasan, A. Hussain, M.A. Matin, and M. A. Hakim, & Structural, Dielectric, and Magnetic Properties of Ba-Doped Multiferroic Bismuth Ferrite", Acta Metallurgica Sinica (Springer), DOI 10.1007/s40195-015-0279-8.
- M. A. Matin, T. Sugai, N. Kawazu, D. Akai, K. Sawada, and M. Ishida, & Thermal Aspects of Pyroelectric Ceramic Functional Material for Infrared Image Sensing", Journal of Electronic Materials (Elsevier), DOI: 10.1007/s11664-015-4075-z, 2015.
- M. A. Matin, A. Ikedo, T. Kawano, K. Sawada, and M. Ishida, "Microscale temperature sensing using novel reliable silicon vertical microprobe array: computation and experiment", Journal of Microelectronics Reliability (Elsevier), doi:10.1016/j.microrel.2015.09.003, 2015.
- A. Hussain, M. A. Matin and M. F. Islam, “Fabrication and characterization of dielectric properties of BaTiO3/Ni0.6Zn0.4Fe2O4 multiphase multiferroic”, International Journal of Advanced Engineering and Nano Technology (IJAENT), ISSN: 2347-6389, V. 2, pp. 11-14, 2015.
- Mahbub, R., Fakhrul, T., Islam, M.F., Hasan, M., Hussain, A., Matin, M.A. and Hakim, M.A., “Structural, Dielectric, and Magnetic Properties of Ba-Doped Multiferroic Bismuth Ferrite”, Acta Metallurgica Sinica (English Letters), 28(8), pp.958-964 (2015).
- Matin, M.A., Oishi, K., Katsuta, A., Akai, D., Sawada, K. and Ishida, M., “Aspects of Integrating Functional Electroceramic Material in Multilayer Thin Films for Image Sensing: Modeling and Experiment”, Journal of Electronic Materials, 44(7), pp.2544-2553 (2015).
- Matin, M.A., Sugai, T., Kawazu, N., Akai, D., Sawada, K. and Ishida, M., “Thermal Aspects of Pyroelectric Ceramic Functional Material for Infrared Image Sensing.” Journal of Electronic Materials, 45(1), pp.329-338 (2016).
- Haque, M. S., Rahman, M. F., Zaman, M. M., Matin, M. A., Hakim, A. K. M. A., & Islam, M. F. (2017). Fabrication of CoNiP Thin Films with Improved Magnetic Property for Application in MEMS. In Applied Mechanics and Materials (Vol. 860, pp. 87-92). Trans Tech Publications.
A patent application is under-preparation based on our ongoing project “Ultra-light Weight Energy-saving Heat Insulating Ceramic Materials” and to be submitted.