Dr. M. HasanuzzamanAssistant Professor
Department of Glass and Ceramic Engineering
Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology
Phone No: 6174
Dr. M. Hasanuzzaman graduated in Metallurgical Engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) in 2003. He completed a Master’s in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering at Dublin City University, Ireland in November 2006 before returning to the same University where he graduated with a PhD in Materials Science. He completed his Postdoc from Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Norway where his research activities spanning the areas of Li-ion battery. Currently, his work mainly involves ceramics research, with particular emphasis on porous glass, zirconia-based ceramics, cement, water filter, and Li-ion battery.
GCE 6103- Advanced Characterization of Glass and Ceramics
GCE 6301- Ceramic Raw Materials and Their Properties
GCE 6305- Building Ceramics: Cement
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book chapter and report excerpts are:A) Patent:
- M. Hasanuzzman and Fride Vullum-Bruer, “Diatoms (SiO 2 ) as an environmentally friendly nano-structured high-performance anodes for lithium-ion batteries”, submitted: GB1522446.2, 2015.
- G. Hashmi, M. Hasanuzzaman, M.K. Basher, et al., “Texturization of as-cut p-type monocrystalline silicon wafer using different wet chemical solutions”, Appl. Phys. A (2018) 124: 415
- M. Hasanuzzman, A. Rafferty, A. G. Olabi, “Effects of zircon addition on porous structure and alkali durability of borosilicate glasses”, Ceramics International, 40, 1, (2014), 581-590.
- M. Hasanuzzman, M. Sajjia, A. Rafferty, A. G. Olabi, “Thermal behaviour of zircon/zirconia-added chemically durable borosilicate porous glass”, Thermochimica Acta, 555, (2013), 81– 88.
- M. Hasanuzzaman, A. Raffety, A. G. Olabi, T. Prescott, “Sintering and characterisation of nano-sized yttria stabilised zirconia”, Int. J. Nanoparticles, 1, 1, (2008) pp 50–65.
- Md. Fakhrul Islam, M. H. Rizvi, T. A. Khan, M. Hasanuzzaman, “Development of Ceramic Candle Filters by Slip Casting Process”, Key Engineering Materials, 608, (2014), 85-90.
- M. Hasanuzzman, ARM Harunur Rashid, A. G. Olabi, “Characterization of Porous Glass and Ceramics by Mercury Intrusion Porosimetry”, Reference Module in Materials Science and Materials Engineering, Elsevier, 2016
- M. Hasanuzzman, A. Rafferty, M. Sajjia, A. G. Olabi, “Properties of Glass Materials”, Reference Module in Materials Science and Materials Engineering, Elsevier, 2016. doi:10.1016/B978-0-12-803581-8.03998-9